Sunday, June 29, 2008

On Erotic Photography

I'm not sure I've mentioned how much I enjoy fetish photography. I haven't had much of a chance to be the one behind the camera yet, but it's something I have every intention of getting involved in, when the right opportunity arises.

In an erotic photography forum on Fetlife, the question came up as to what people felt about the photography experience. Was it just about the pretty photos, or did it have a more fetishistic appeal to them.

Personally, I get turned on by having erotic photos taken, part of my exhibitionist streak, I imagine. Oddly enough, I don't particularly enjoy seeing the photos themselves. I never look as sexy as I feel, and that frustrates me. The image in my head is never the image that stares back at me when the shoot is done.

As for taking photos, I don't think I'm turned on by it. If I am, I've not been aware of it. I enjoyed the creative process in much the same way as I enjoy taking any photos. In rare instances I do find some of the finished photos to be a bit of a turn on, though. In general I think my mind is too focused on critiquing the work to experience any titillating effects.

It was a very interesting question, I'd never considered it before. I'm sure I'll have clearer answers once I have more experience behind me.

2 comments:

G said...

I am a relatively new photographer and would love to come and take some pictures of you. You will get to keep the pictures I just want the practice as well as a chance to connect my photography skill and my enjoyment of erotic and fetish fun

Cinful said...

Sorry, I'm not able to contact you to discuss the possibility since your blog is locked.