Thursday, June 12, 2008

Submissive, Heal Thyself!

On the alt.com forums recently we discussed what we do to heal. I thought it was an interesting subject and this was my response:

If things can't be fixed by directly addressing the cause of the hurt, then immersing myself in something creative helps, usually writing, photography, or working on one of my many online projects.

When things are really tender I spend time at the Vancouver Aquarium talking to the animals. I may even do a little retail therapy...but I try not to do big ticket purchases. I've been known to blow ten bucks at a dollar store in really bad moments.

Sometimes a really silly movie and some junk food is the only thing that will help.

Then, when I'm ready, I usually listen to some real intense emotional music and let myself feel the feelings so that I can let them go. I may let myself cry out the pain, but that's not as often as perhaps it should be. (I hate to cry.)

Healing is extremely important; I refuse to continue to suffer a blow for long because I believe it rots the heart and soul. I can be pretty aggressive about healing when I need to be.

No comments: